Confidence in the Menopause course for healthcare professionals
I ran this course a few weeks ago and the feedback was so positive I have arranged more dates. Many healthcare professionals have little understanding about the menopause as our undergraduate training about the menopause is so poor. Their knowledge about body identical HRT is often scanty which again is a result in insufficient education. There is an urgent need for this to improve – although the menopause is a natural process for women and is not a disease, going through the menopause has risks to our health such as an increased risk of osteoporosis, heart disease, arthritis, diabetes and depression. Managing the menopause effectively is paramount for women’s future health and wellbeing.
- One lady told me in my menopause clinic that she felt like a “dry husk”. She had no motivation or energy and she to… https://t.co/W1itHkjN33
- “I have just found your website and I could cry. I am 45 and whilst I never self diagnose myself via the internet,… https://t.co/jn6pbdKRHD
- I agree it is not good enough. Needs to change https://t.co/mw7Hg4yFqn
- “Highly relevant and useful; great to be able to ask questions” “Excellent update and refresher” “Lots of informati… https://t.co/tHt0obWIbN
- Amazing! Well done @redditchrachel and so looking forward to hearing more about this. A huge amount of work needs d… https://t.co/qex2No4lMl