Coping with menopause in the workplace
It was a real privilege and honour being invited back to ITV with Lorraine Kelly to talk about the potential impact the menopause can have in the workplace. A survey we undertook at West Midlands Police showed that around 80% of women had experienced symptoms affecting them at work and around a quarter had time off work because of their symptoms. The three most common symptoms were anxiety, fatigue and memory problems. Organisations need to be more proactive at helping women seek the correct advice and support for their menopause.
- “I have been in a dark place for a long time. I just want the world to leave me alone.” Very disturbing words from… https://t.co/zCIKLmtmFe
- Women should not be suffering in this way @RCGP https://t.co/XfOUCvBS47
- This could be any number of my patients - so much more needs to be done to help women 'Menopause made me feel like… https://t.co/uqxNFWMJYS
- Women who have received certain types of chemotherapy drugs that treat cancer or have had radiotherapy to their pel… https://t.co/EacxG6hKIu
- Hot flushes can occur in around 75% of menopausal women. There some evidence that CBT (cognitive behavioural therap… https://t.co/e5O3XVSDk6