Coping with menopause in the workplace
It was a real privilege and honour being invited back to ITV with Lorraine Kelly to talk about the potential impact the menopause can have in the workplace. A survey we undertook at West Midlands Police showed that around 80% of women had experienced symptoms affecting them at work and around a quarter had time off work because of their symptoms. The three most common symptoms were anxiety, fatigue and memory problems. Organisations need to be more proactive at helping women seek the correct advice and support for their menopause.
- I could not agree more. I offered to be a retainer at my practice but that was declined too. I really did not want… https://t.co/OboXPZU6fn
- A very sad day yesterday - the last day at my GP practice where I have worked for 15 years. The partners gave me a… https://t.co/epzqaRkGoC
- Women are more likely to put on a spare tyre of weight during the menopause which can be hard to lose. Storing fat… https://t.co/WbL3C49UTk
- This is the first disability discrimination case I am aware of around the menopause. Symptoms such as memory loss,… https://t.co/Xcwc6sgKzs
- At the @WMAWP for @WMPolice last night @Fazeley_Events. Full of amazing women who work so hard and totally deserve… https://t.co/BZxYO4gQOQ