Happy New Year!
Although I love my job as a menopause doctor, I am constantly saddened and frustrated by the numerous stories I hear from women who have been given inaccurate and inappropriate advice about their menopause and HRT. I have helped hundreds of women this year to enjoy a positive experience of their menopause. Many women who I have given HRT to tell me that they are enjoying their lives again and feel the best they have felt for a long time.
However, there are millions of women worldwide who are still unnecessarily suffering with their menopausal symptoms so there is much more work to be done. The big message for this year is “Don’t suffer in silence.” Women should seek help and advice about their menopause from a doctor who has a special interest in the menopause.
I hope 2018 is a very happy year for all of you! I have some big plans to help even more women next year so watch this space…
- Vaginal dryness occurs in around 70% of women and can lead to symptoms such as soreness, irritation, itchiness and… https://t.co/T4CiDXWdaT
- Studies have shown that nearly half of perimenopausal women have disturbed sleep. Poor sleep can increase future ri… https://t.co/9c7o3klj6t
- Acupuncture has been shown to have the potential for reducing menopausal symptoms and improving quality of life. To… https://t.co/S7qChXF7ql
- Tackling a taboo: the designer helping perimenopausal women https://t.co/xALJMFva9W
- This lady is 44 years old - no one had warned her about surgical menopause and the importance of having HRT as she… https://t.co/65AkV7X1sG