Happy New Year!
Although I love my job as a menopause doctor, I am constantly saddened and frustrated by the numerous stories I hear from women who have been given inaccurate and inappropriate advice about their menopause and HRT. I have helped hundreds of women this year to enjoy a positive experience of their menopause. Many women who I have given HRT to tell me that they are enjoying their lives again and feel the best they have felt for a long time.
However, there are millions of women worldwide who are still unnecessarily suffering with their menopausal symptoms so there is much more work to be done. The big message for this year is “Don’t suffer in silence.” Women should seek help and advice about their menopause from a doctor who has a special interest in the menopause.
I hope 2018 is a very happy year for all of you! I have some big plans to help even more women next year so watch this space…
- Early menopause raises risk of heart disease and stroke' | via @telegraph https://t.co/sbaeEWzulI
- Oestrogen is important for reducing moisture loss from the skin so many women find that their skin becomes dry and… https://t.co/AUrfIQo55W
- Thank you @bbcwomanshour for devoting air time to the menopause. One lady wrote “I heard you speak and am crying as… https://t.co/olGZECC3c3
- “I fell off a cliff two years ago when my periods stopped. Since then I am a different person. I am flat, joyless a… https://t.co/L1zSuzPsij
- Thank you @pauletteish and @BBCSheffield for giving me air time to talk about HRT. Too many myths that need dispell… https://t.co/0QXNDUWkzm