Happy New Year!
Although I love my job as a menopause doctor, I am constantly saddened and frustrated by the numerous stories I hear from women who have been given inaccurate and inappropriate advice about their menopause and HRT. I have helped hundreds of women this year to enjoy a positive experience of their menopause. Many women who I have given HRT to tell me that they are enjoying their lives again and feel the best they have felt for a long time.
However, there are millions of women worldwide who are still unnecessarily suffering with their menopausal symptoms so there is much more work to be done. The big message for this year is “Don’t suffer in silence.” Women should seek help and advice about their menopause from a doctor who has a special interest in the menopause.
I hope 2018 is a very happy year for all of you! I have some big plans to help even more women next year so watch this space…
- “I turn into an evil witch during the week before my period starts. It is unbearable and I can not control how I fe… https://t.co/fOH3wja5I3
- More menopause clinics are urgently needed everywhere @HelenRCGP @rcgp @pcwhf @IntlMenopause @BrMenopauseSoc https://t.co/Fkqy6yEU1e
- At the @OMYogaMagazine show yesterday. Great free classes! Full of people passionate about healthy lifestyles and w… https://t.co/5BdUg4RmhZ
- Great day at #omyogashow in Manchester today. Lots of free classes including one by Wasay Foladi who will be workin… https://t.co/4S8duJCgzf
- “I can’t believe the difference since starting HRT, it took a while to work out how to balance the hormones but now… https://t.co/ZmeZaXKNoO