HRT? It is as easy as ABC
There has been so much negative publicity about HRT over the past 15 years that many women and also healthcare professionals are really confused about its safety and efficacy. There are now excellent guidelines, both national and international, which summarise all the available evidence about the benefits and risks of HRT. For the majority of women, benefits of taking HRT outweighs any risks. I am very grateful for the editors to The Mail on Sunday who have let me write this article dispelling some myths about HRT. I really hope it will empower women!
- “I have been in a dark place for a long time. I just want the world to leave me alone.” Very disturbing words from… https://t.co/zCIKLmtmFe
- Women should not be suffering in this way @RCGP https://t.co/XfOUCvBS47
- This could be any number of my patients - so much more needs to be done to help women 'Menopause made me feel like… https://t.co/uqxNFWMJYS
- Women who have received certain types of chemotherapy drugs that treat cancer or have had radiotherapy to their pel… https://t.co/EacxG6hKIu
- Hot flushes can occur in around 75% of menopausal women. There some evidence that CBT (cognitive behavioural therap… https://t.co/e5O3XVSDk6