Meg Matthews and the Menopause
Meg Matthews has been openly speaking about her menopause experience and she is really passionate about helping women so they have a more positive experience than she did. Sylk kindly organised #sylktalksmenopause event in London which was an opportunity to talk all things menopause including less talked about symptoms such as vaginal dryness and reduced libido. Women were given the opportunity to ask questions and talk openly. It was a real honour to be part of this evening with Meg and being able to dispel more myths about the menopause and the treatments available. The majority of women with vaginal dryness are not receiving adequate treatment which is shocking and needs to change. There was a fabulous comedy act by the hilarious Scummy Mummies too! More information about Meg’s inspiring work here.
- “I have been in a dark place for a long time. I just want the world to leave me alone.” Very disturbing words from… https://t.co/zCIKLmtmFe
- Women should not be suffering in this way @RCGP https://t.co/XfOUCvBS47
- This could be any number of my patients - so much more needs to be done to help women 'Menopause made me feel like… https://t.co/uqxNFWMJYS
- Women who have received certain types of chemotherapy drugs that treat cancer or have had radiotherapy to their pel… https://t.co/EacxG6hKIu
- Hot flushes can occur in around 75% of menopausal women. There some evidence that CBT (cognitive behavioural therap… https://t.co/e5O3XVSDk6