Menopause and depression
It was recently Mental Health Awareness week and it is therefore very timely that Carol Vorderman has been so open in the media about her depression which has been a result of her menopause. Often women do not realise the important role hormones can have on our mental health. So many women I see in my menopause clinic have been inappropriately offered or given antidepressants for the low mode associated with their menopause or perimenopause. HRT is the best treatment to improve low mood due to the menopause.
- Heart disease is the commonest cause of death in women under 65 in UK; taking HRT can lower risk of heart attack b… https://t.co/YiCVzuTTaf
- Practising yoga in Costa Rica listening to birds and watching the butterflies - such an amazing experience!… https://t.co/2i0nFmJKiC
- NICE guidelines are worth looking at and discussing with your GP - available on my website. @NICEcomms @rcgp… https://t.co/JtWxoNYC9Z
- Thank you for talking about menopause at work @theJeremyVine @BBCRadio2 This booklet is available free to employers… https://t.co/PnXuixG0iF
- Menopause transition: effects on women’s economic participation. Shame no mention of NICE guidelines though! https://t.co/HXg0lcUGdc