Menopause and depression
This week it is Mental Health Awareness week and it is therefore very timely that Carol Vorderman has been so open in the media about her depression which has been a result of her menopause. Often women do not realise the important role hormones can have on our mental health. So many women I see in my menopause clinic have been inappropriately offered or given antidepressants for the low mode associated with their menopause or perimenopause. HRT is the best treatment to improve low mood due to the menopause.
- Bio-identical HRT is not regulated, licensed or monitored by the MHRA. The HRT taken by @carolvorders is available… https://t.co/lG8vLx5sQp
- More women are too embarrassed to talk about the menopause though. This needs to change! https://t.co/cWQNUR1btd
- Menopause-your skin and body: what it does and what you can do about it. HRT is anti-ageing too! #EMAS2017 https://t.co/ARFRVzDJH8
- The M word: Let’s talk menopause in the workplace. Fab article by @Laughology - their workshops are so good! https://t.co/6hRRQnkRbr
- Lots of questions answered in this video - part of my work to try and demystify the menopause and HRT @Rejuvage https://t.co/qwxQ8JNL30