Menopause and depression
It was recently Mental Health Awareness week and it is therefore very timely that Carol Vorderman has been so open in the media about her depression which has been a result of her menopause. Often women do not realise the important role hormones can have on our mental health. So many women I see in my menopause clinic have been inappropriately offered or given antidepressants for the low mode associated with their menopause or perimenopause. HRT is the best treatment to improve low mood due to the menopause.
- All women need to read this book. There is so much to relate to in it! Thank you @allisonpearson for being so open… https://t.co/YbqKAB461L
- Thank you @LizEarleWb for inviting me to talk - hope many women can learn and seek help after listening! https://t.co/zcyWalt7if
- You are so kind! I just hope more healthcare professionals take note and use the guidelines to help women https://t.co/wcOu5ohzjN
- "I just want to curl into a ball and hide" women have told me. Menopause care needs to change so women receive corr… https://t.co/w8sv3G6cC1
- Not so easy to have a good night's sleep if you are menopausal though and not receiving help! @thetimes… https://t.co/cLvmsyUPQZ