Menopause and Depression
It was recently Mental Health Awareness week and it is therefore very timely that Carol Vorderman has been so open in the media about her depression which has been a result of her menopause. Often women do not realise the important role hormones can have on our mental health. So many women I see in my menopause clinic have been inappropriately offered or given antidepressants for the low mood associated with their menopause or perimenopause. HRT is the best treatment to improve low mood due to the menopause.
- Having time to meditate, practice mindfulness or just reflect on our lives is really important. Life can sometimes… https://t.co/8LqK0fO8ha
- Exercise is really important during the perimenopause and menopause. Great for our bodies, minds and helps strength… https://t.co/cSdLNtg4Dc
- Women need to know that eating processed food could increase their risk of breast cancer more than taking HRT.… https://t.co/Uzg8B8vqRt
- “I have hit a brick wall. I am 34 and have always been so healthy and active. Now I feel like a completely differen… https://t.co/iNp6YDzp2D
- Taking HRT can lower future risk of osteoporosis https://t.co/rVItR0G7rO