Menopause and depression
It was recently Mental Health Awareness week and it is therefore very timely that Carol Vorderman has been so open in the media about her depression which has been a result of her menopause. Often women do not realise the important role hormones can have on our mental health. So many women I see in my menopause clinic have been inappropriately offered or given antidepressants for the low mode associated with their menopause or perimenopause. HRT is the best treatment to improve low mood due to the menopause.
- Many women tell me in my menopause clinic that they have a cup of tea in the afternoon and then have a nap. Poor sl… https://t.co/R280GQTMCG
- Antidepressants are not recommended for use first line to treat menopausal symptoms. Too many women are inappropria… https://t.co/ib6Dy1RWz2
- One of my patients told me that every night she woke up several times as she had night sweats. She said it was as i… https://t.co/ACfCGRFvS0
- HRT? It's as easy as ABC. Many myths are dispelled in this article today - thank you @MailOnline for printing it https://t.co/l3DprYjPwy
- Changing hormone levels can really affect a woman's libido https://t.co/vhK7pV5ob7