“My menopause journey” from one of my patients
One of my patients has shared her own menopause story with the hope that it will shine a light on a natural part of ageing that all women will experience, but do not always know much about. She is a practice nurse at a GP surgery and had found work a real struggle. Her anxiety lead to her doubting her abilities at work and trying to seek help for a few years before I met her. Her full story is here.
- “I have been in a dark place for a long time. I just want the world to leave me alone.” Very disturbing words from… https://t.co/zCIKLmtmFe
- Women should not be suffering in this way @RCGP https://t.co/XfOUCvBS47
- This could be any number of my patients - so much more needs to be done to help women 'Menopause made me feel like… https://t.co/uqxNFWMJYS
- Women who have received certain types of chemotherapy drugs that treat cancer or have had radiotherapy to their pel… https://t.co/EacxG6hKIu
- Hot flushes can occur in around 75% of menopausal women. There some evidence that CBT (cognitive behavioural therap… https://t.co/e5O3XVSDk6