Menopause – still a taboo at work
A recent survey undertaken at West Midlands Police found that 81% of women admitted that their menopausal symptoms were affecting their ability at work. The menopause is still a taboo, with too many women not even realising that their symptoms are related to their changing hormones levels during their perimenopause or menopause. This article discusses why this may be the case and looks at the main symptoms which can affect a woman in the workplace.
- Heart disease is the commonest cause of death in women under 65 in UK; taking HRT can lower risk of heart attack b… https://t.co/YiCVzuTTaf
- Practising yoga in Costa Rica listening to birds and watching the butterflies - such an amazing experience!… https://t.co/2i0nFmJKiC
- NICE guidelines are worth looking at and discussing with your GP - available on my website. @NICEcomms @rcgp… https://t.co/JtWxoNYC9Z
- Thank you for talking about menopause at work @theJeremyVine @BBCRadio2 This booklet is available free to employers… https://t.co/PnXuixG0iF
- Menopause transition: effects on women’s economic participation. Shame no mention of NICE guidelines though! https://t.co/HXg0lcUGdc