How to survive Christmas if you are menopausal
If I were to wish anything for you this Christmas it would be stamina. It doesn’t matter how organised and prepared we are, it takes serious energy to host family and friends over the holidays. If you are feeling not quite yourself as a result of the menopause then it can be a real slog just to get out of bed, never mind keep on top of an endless to-do list. “Not quite myself” is how so many women describe how they feel when they see me in my menopause clinic. Throw Christmas into the menopause mix and life can be a real challenge. Here are my simple, practical tips to help yourself over the holidays.
- Early menopause raises risk of heart disease and stroke' | via @telegraph https://t.co/sbaeEWzulI
- Oestrogen is important for reducing moisture loss from the skin so many women find that their skin becomes dry and… https://t.co/AUrfIQo55W
- Thank you @bbcwomanshour for devoting air time to the menopause. One lady wrote “I heard you speak and am crying as… https://t.co/olGZECC3c3
- “I fell off a cliff two years ago when my periods stopped. Since then I am a different person. I am flat, joyless a… https://t.co/L1zSuzPsij
- Thank you @pauletteish and @BBCSheffield for giving me air time to talk about HRT. Too many myths that need dispell… https://t.co/0QXNDUWkzm