Vaginal dryness – another taboo
The majority of women suffer with vaginal dryness at some time of their lives and most of these women are not receiving treatment. This can lead to symptoms of pain, discomfort and irritation in the vaginal area. Many women have pain during sexual intercourse and other women find it can be hard to sit down, exercise or even walk. Some women experience urinary symptoms too as the lack of oestrogen in the vagina also results in changes to the bladder occurring. Press Play is a brand new women’s health campaign with a mission to raise awareness of vaginal dryness – let’s hope it works!
- Many women tell me in my menopause clinic that they have a cup of tea in the afternoon and then have a nap. Poor sl… https://t.co/R280GQTMCG
- Antidepressants are not recommended for use first line to treat menopausal symptoms. Too many women are inappropria… https://t.co/ib6Dy1RWz2
- One of my patients told me that every night she woke up several times as she had night sweats. She said it was as i… https://t.co/ACfCGRFvS0
- HRT? It's as easy as ABC. Many myths are dispelled in this article today - thank you @MailOnline for printing it https://t.co/l3DprYjPwy
- Changing hormone levels can really affect a woman's libido https://t.co/vhK7pV5ob7